Summary:Artificial sand be called manufactured sand or crushed sand, Its source is a quarry. It is manufactured by Crushing rocks, qu
What is Artificial Sand
Artificial sand be called manufactured sand or crushed sand, Its source is a quarry. It is manufactured by Crushing rocks, quarry stones or larger aggregate pieces into sand size particles in a factory or quarry.
Artificial Sand vs. Natural Sand
|Parameters||Artificial Sand(M Sand)||Natural Sand(River Sand)|
|Process||Manufactured in factory.||Naturally available on river banks.|
|Shape||The shape of crushed sand is cubical and angular and has a rough texture and hence better for concrete.||Smoother texture with better shape. Demands less water.|
|Concrete Strength||Higher concrete strength compared to river sand used for concreting.||Lesser concrete concrete compared to M Sand|
|Eco Friendly||Though manufactured sand uses natural coarse aggregates to form, it causes less damage to environment as compared to river sand.||Harmful to environment. Eco imbalances, reduce ground water level and rivers water gets dried up.|
|Applications||Highly recommended for RCC purposes and brick/ block works.||Recommended for RCC, plastering and brick/ block work.|
|Quality||Better quality control since manufactured in a controlled environment.||No control over quality since it is naturally occurring. Same river bed sand can have differences in silt contents.|
|Particle passing 75 micron||Up to 15% (IS: 383 - 1970)||Up to 3% (IS:383 - 1970)|
Make your business better. Instantly.
Get optimal grinding mill performance and expert solutions off right to earn more money!
- Faster delivery period
- Free installation and maintenance
- React quickly and sustainability
Why Artificial Sand Is A Profitable Business
Manufactured sand is produced by passing boulders and stones. It goes through sand making machine for size reduction. Artificial sand making has a bright future in the construction industry. The demand for artificial sand is increasing rapidly. Here are the few reasons why artificial sand making has a good market opportunity in India.
- At present, the artificial sand is nearly 50% cheaper than river sand. The river sand is being sold at around Rs 1,300 a tonne. The artificial sand is sold for half a price.
- The presence of other impurities such as coal, bones, shells, mica and silt etc makes it inferior for the use in cement concrete. The decay of these materials shortens the life of the concrete. It because of the weathering effects.
- Nowadays, the Government has put a ban on lifting sand from River bed.
Read More About artificial sand