Summary:What is bentonite uses? From cleansing the body to sealing leaking ponds. Where to buy bentonite clay? This article will introduce you in detail.
What Is Bentonite
Bentonite has good physical and chemical properties. It can be used as purifying and decolorizing agent, binder, thixotropic agent, suspending agent, stabilizer, filler, feed, catalyst, etc., and is used in agriculture, light industry, cosmetics, medicine and other fields. Bentonite has cohesive, suspending and dispersing properties. It can be used as a suspending agent in waterproofing, water-soluble coatings, thermal insulation coatings, emulsified asphalt coatings, fire-proof and anti-corrosion coatings, etc., which can improve the paintability, adhesion and water resistance of coatings.
What Are The Properties Of Bentonite
1. Bentonite has good dispersibility and suspension in water. The production method of bentonite makes the coating not easy to delaminate and precipitate, and the color is uniform, thereby improving the brushing performance of the coating, providing the stability of the suspension, and forming a uniform and smooth layer.
2. Bentonite floats in water and has a thickening effect. The molecules of bentonite can combine with the molecules of the coating, which can enhance the water resistance, strength and adhesion of the layer.
3. Bentonite has certain adhesion and covering power, and the price is relatively low. It can be added to polyvinyl alcohol and other coatings, which can greatly reduce the amount of other materials and save costs.
How Much Is The Moisture Content Of Bentonite Generally Maintained?
It is most appropriate to control the moisture of bentonite between 10% and 13%.
The following are the moisture requirements for different types of bentonite:
(1) The moisture content of unprocessed bentonite ore is about 18% to 20%.
(2) The moisture content of bentonite produced by Raymond mill without drying equipment is less than 10% in summer, and the moisture content of bentonite in winter is slightly higher, about 10%-14%.
(3) The moisture requirements of feed-grade bentonite are relatively high, and the dryness is required to meet the standard. Generally, the moisture requirement of bentonite that implements the material additive standard is within 5%.
(4) The moisture requirements of drilling mud bentonite are not very strict. Generally, the requirement of mud sodium bentonite products is less than 12% to be qualified products.
(5) The moisture requirements of bentonite products used as desiccants and adsorbents are the most stringent. Generally, the moisture requirements are within 1%. Generally, special drying equipment must be used to meet this requirement.
(6) Sodium bentonite is generally used in iron ore metallurgical pellets. The production of sodium bentonite requires the support of water to produce a sodiumization effect and improve the dependent technical indicators. Therefore, the bentonite used for metallurgical pellets The water content should not be too low, the lower limit is 10%, and the upper limit is 13%.
What Is Bentonite Clay Used For
Bentonite can also be used as waterproof material, such as bentonite waterproof blanket, bentonite waterproof board and supporting materials, which are laid by mechanical fixing method. Learn more about bentonite clay uses:
- How To Use Bentonite Clay In Everyday Life
- What Is Bentonite Used For
- Bentonite Differences In Domestic And Foreign Applications
Bentonite Clay Benefits
Bentonite is a water-bearing clay mine dominated by montmorillonite. The chemical composition of montmorillonite is: (Al2,Mg3)Si4O10 OH2•nH2O, due to its special properties. Such as expandability, adhesion, adsorption, catalysis, thixotropy, suspension and cation exchange. Therefore, it is widely used in various industrial fields.
Bentonite is a non-metallic mineral with montmorillonite as the main mineral component, the montmorillonite structure is a 2:1 type crystal structure composed of two silicon-oxygen tetrahedral sandwiched with a layer of aluminum-oxygen octahedron, due to the layered structure formed by montmorillonite unit cells There are some cations, such as Cu, Mg, Na, K, etc., and the role of these cations and montmorillonite unit cells is very unstable, easy to be exchanged by other cations, so it has good ion exchange.
Foreign countries have been applied in more than 100 departments in 24 fields of industrial and agricultural production, with more than 300 products, so people call it "universal soil".
Where To Buy Bentonite Clay
Instead of buying bentonite clay, it is better to buy equipment that can process bentonite. If you have raw ore resources, Bentonite clay grinding mill will make you more profitable. You want a certified bentonite supplier that can walk you through each step of the way and that can answer any questions you may have during the process, especially if you choose to do it yourself.
SBM is equipped with both the expertise and milling machines to assist bentonite producers in meeting production goals and evaluating intended process. For more information about bentonite clay processing, contact us now!
Make your business better. Instantly.
Get optimal grinding mill performance and expert solutions off right to earn more money!
- Faster delivery period
- Free installation and maintenance
- React quickly and sustainability
How To Choose Bentionite Mill
When it comes to choosing the right bentonite mill, there are several key factors to consider. This is because the right equipment can help to improve the efficiency and quality of your bentonite processing operation. Here are some tips for choosing the right bentonite mill for your business:
Consider the size of your operation: The first thing to consider when choosing bentonite mill is the size of your operation. This will determine the type and capacity of the equipment you need. For example, if you are running a small operation, you may only need a single grinding mill. On the other hand, if you are running a large operation, you may need multiple grinding mills and other pieces of equipment.
Consider the type of bentonite you are processing: The type of bentonite you are processing will also play a role in determining the right equipment. For example, if you are processing bentonite that is soft and easily ground, you may only need a single grinding mill. On the other hand, if you are processing bentonite that is harder and more difficult to grind, you may need more advanced equipment, such as a hammer mill or a roller mill.
Consider the end product: The end product you are looking to produce will also affect your choice of equipment. For example, if you are producing bentonite for use in drilling fluids, you may need equipment that is capable of producing very fine, uniform particles. On the other hand, if you are producing bentonite for use in other applications, such as paint or rubber, you may not need as fine of a grind.
Consider the quality of the equipment: It is important to choose high-quality equipment that is capable of producing consistent, high-quality results. This will help to ensure that your bentonite processing operation is efficient and produces a consistent, high-quality product.
In conclusion, choosing the right bentonite mill is essential for the success of your operation. By considering the size of your operation, the type of bentonite you are processing, the end product you are looking to produce, and the quality of the equipment, you can choose the right equipment to meet your needs.
Bentonite Powder Production Process
The main raw material for the production of bentonite powder is montmorillonite. Milling equipment is used in the process of making montmorillonite powder, and the process of processing and producing montmorillonite by milling equipment is as follows.
The first stage: drying of montmorillonite raw materials
According to the moisture content of the montmorillonite raw material, the raw material is dried through a dryer or hot air to the mill.
The second stage: feedstock for montmorillonite
The crushed montmorillonite pieces are sent to the storage hopper by the elevator, and then sent to the grinding chamber of the vertical mill evenly and quantitatively by the feeder for grinding.
The three stages: grinding and classification
The montmorillonite powder after being ground by a vertical mill (Using an ultra-fine vertical mill equipped with a multi-head ultra-fine powder classification system) is classified by a multi-head ultra-fine powder classification system, and the unqualified powder is returned to the vertical mill after being classified by the classifier The host machine grinds again.
The four stages: collection of finished products
The powder that meets the fineness is separated and collected in the dust collector through the pipeline through the airflow. The collected finished powder is sent to the finished product silo through the discharge port by the conveying device, and then is packaged by a powder tanker or an automatic baler.
Read More About Bentonite