Summary:Talc is a kind of silicate mineral, belongs to trioctahedron mineral, the structural formula is (Mg6)[Si8]O20(OH)4. Talc generally in bar, leaf, fib
What is Talc
Talc is a kind of silicate mineral, belongs to trioctahedron mineral, the structural formula is (Mg6)[Si8]O20(OH)4. Talc generally in bar, leaf, fiber or radial pattern. The material is soft and creamy. The Mohr’s Hardness of talc is 1-1.5. A very complete cleavage, easily split into thin slices, small natural angle of repose (35 ° ~ 40 °), very unstable, wall rocks are slippery and silicified magnesite petrochemical, magnesite rock, lean ore or dolomitic marble rock, generally not stable except for a few which are medium; joints and fissures, physical and mechanical properties of wall ores affect of the rock mining technology is great.
Usage Of Talc
Talc has high performances of lubricity, sticky resistance, flow-aiding, fire resistance, acid resistance, insulativity, high melting point, inactive chemical property, good covering power, soft, good gloss, strong adsorption. So, talc has wide application in cosmetic, medicine, paper making, plastic and other fields.
1. Cosmetic: applied in skin moisten, after shave powder, talcum powder. Talc has the function of obstructing infrared ray, so it can improve the performance of cosmetics;
2. Medicine/food: applied in medicine tablets and powder sugar-coating, prickly heat powder, Chinese medicinal formulae, food additives, etc. The material has the advantages of non-poisonous, tasteless, high whiteness, good glossiness, soft flavor and high smoothness.
3. Paint/coating: applied in white pigment and industrial coating, base coating and protective paint, stability of the paint can be increased.
4. Paper-making: used as the filler of paper and paperboard. The paper product can be smoother and finer. It can also save up raw material.
5. Plastic: used as the filler of polypropylene, nylon, PVC, polyethylene, polystyrene and polyester. Talc can increase the tension strength, shearing strength, twisting strength and pressuring strength of plastic product.
6. Rubber: used as filler and adhesive of rubber.
7. Cable: used to increase cable rubber performance.
8. Ceramic: applied in electro-ceramic, wireless ceramic, industrial ceramic, construction ceramic, domestic ceramic and ceramic glaze.
9. Waterproof material: applied in waterproof roll, waterproof coating, waterproof ointment, etc.
Talc Powder Processing Technological Process
Phase one: raw material crushing Talc blocks will be crushed to 15mm-50mm fineness by crusher.
Phase two: grinding Talc material will be sent to the storage hopper by the elevator, and than the feeder will send the material to the main mill for grinding.
Phase three: classifying Ground material will be classified, coarse powder will fall back to the main mill to be ground again.
Phase four: production collecting Qualified powder will flow with the air and be collected in the dust catcher, then the finished powder will be transported to the product storage bin through discharge port. Lastly, the powder will be loaded by tank car or packed by packing machine.
Read More About