Different particle size specifications for grinding limestone into fine and ultra-fine limestone powder can increase its added value and bring economic benefits to manufacturers.
The Importance of Limestone in the Manufacturing Process
Limestone is still widely used today in products and places you see every day, like in gardening, construction, paints, makeup, and cleaners. It's the main raw material for cement, concrete, lime, and more. Usually the dry process is used, which varies depending on the application.
- For limestone used in metallurgy and road construction, the ore is usually crushed and sieved.
- For the 246-43μm fine powder products used as feed additives and general fillers, the ore is crushed, thengrindedby Raymond mill, vertical mill, etc.
- For ultra-fine limestone powder and high-grade filler for flue gas desulfurization, ultra-fine crushing and fine classification arerequired.
Limestone Grinding Process
- Open circuit process: the process that the material passes through the mill as a finished product for the next link operation;
- Closed-circuit process: when the material is sorted out by one or several stages after being ground, the fine particles are used as finished products, and the coarse particles are returned to the mill for re-grinding.
Therefore, at present, most limestone powder manufacturers choose a closed circuit process, which can reduce the phenomenon of over-grinding, improve the efficiency of the mill, and reduce energy consumption. In addition, the limestone powder produced by the closed circuit process has a uniform particle size and is easy to adjust to meet different fineness requirements.
How To Choose The Right Limestone Grinder
Mining limestone starts with extracting it from deposits in mines and quarries, many of which are in the US, Africa, and South America. Choosing the right limestone machine can minimize mining costs. Different limestone grinding machinehave different applications. Customers can choose according to the degree of grinding, required fineness of limestone powder, and output,You can read Different Fineness, Different Equipment get more details.
More About Limestone Grinding Machine:
From its varying composition, to its abrasive nature, limestone requires an engineered process solution, combined with limestone machine. That's why we not only offer limestone processing mill, but can also help develop a limestone process that works around your unique source of limestone.
Two Notes About Limestone Grinding Process
Ensuring the grinding efficiency and reducing dust pollution are the two most important aspects of limestone powder grinding.
The former is the principal factor for obtaining expected economic benefits. The latter is an important measure of protecting the environment and achieving sustainable development.